Welcome to A Cuppy Cake Life

Follow me on my journey as I experiment with different types of cupcakes and the joy a simple little treat can bring.

Coca Cola Cupcakes

Let me just tell you, the fudge frosting for these is reason enough to make them! In fact, you may find yourself eating it by the spoonful before it even hits the cupcakes. It really is that good! Now these cupcakes do contain cola, but you don't taste it. It just makes them super moist.

When filling your muffin tins or liners, do not fill past halfway. Trust me! I threw out half of these because they were destroyed. The rest were really ugly which is why they are in mason jars. Since I put them in jars, I decided to add a few extra touches. If you are making them to stand alone, mix the pecans into the fudge before frosting. I cut the cupcakes in half (like a layer cake). I put in a layer of cupcake, then fudge, mini marshmallows, pecans, the other half of the cupcake, more fudge, whipped cream, and finally more pecans. I used pint-sized jars. If you use a larger jar you could fit two cupcakes in each one. As always, just have fun with it!

I hope you enjoy these! I think I may make the fudge by itself in the future to serve over ice cream. Go check out Cupcake Tuesday when you have a chance!


Coca-Cola Cupcakes
(Makes 24 regular cupcakes)

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Coca-Cola
½ cup butter
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 cups large marshmallows

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin tins and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, and baking soda. With an electric mixer, beat in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla until well mixed. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, mix cola, butter, oil, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add marshmallows. Cover with lid and allow marshmallows to begin to melt. Stir until well mixed. You may have to put back over low heat to completely melt the marshmallows. If so, stir constantly.

Combine marshmallow mixture and batter with electric mixer until well incorporated. Spoon into liners, filling no more than halfway. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

Fudge Frosting

¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
½ cup butter
1 pound powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, mix together cocoa powder, cola, and butter. Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add to the powdered sugar mixture (along with pecans if desired) and beat together until frosting is thick and has cooled. Top cupcakes and enjoy!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

oh yum!!! I love them in the mason jar!

ChicSassyMom said...

Hello! It sure looks yummy!:)So looking forward to reading more of your posts!...following you from FFF.

Would ♥ to hear from you too.:)

http://chicsassymom.blogspot.com

Design It Chic said...

yumm!! I am following you thanks to Hop Along Friday! It would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
Also we have the coolest blog-hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in:) Oh and if you need any blog help or easy HTML tips, you know where to come! Happy Friday!

Andrea said...

Oh, YUM. I am salivating just looking at your cupcakes here. YUM. YUM. YUM!!!

HoosierHomemade said...

Mmmm! I'm a coke girl...love this recipe!
Thanks for adding them to Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

Post a Comment