Welcome to A Cuppy Cake Life

Follow me on my journey as I experiment with different types of cupcakes and the joy a simple little treat can bring.

Tiramisu Cupcakes

Saying that I love tiramisu is an understatement. It has been put on a pedestal for many years. I could probably eat it every day. That being said, I was a little worried about these cupcakes. I didn't know if they could compete with my beloved tiramisu. Let me just tell you, these cupcakes ARE tiramisu! You will not be disappointed if you make these!

These are a little more "involved" than the butter cake recipes I have been using. This is a sponge cake and uses separated eggs that are then folded together with flour. Also, they are pricey thanks to the mascarpone. But if you have a dinner party coming up and need the perfect dessert, you will definitely want to use these!

These cupcakes consist of the three major parts of tiramisu - sponge cake, espresso and mascarpone. I would recommend keeping these refrigerated and allowing them to come to room temperature right before eating. I hope you enjoy them! As always, please leave comments and let me know how yours turn out!
I am also linked up to Hoosier Homemade's Cupcake Tuesday! Go check it out! This week she had a vlog for Mother's Day cupcakes.


Tiramisu Cupcakes
(makes approx. 24 regular cupcakes)

6 eggs, separated and room temperature
¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup sugar, divided
3 tablespoons water, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed until foamy. Add half of the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks.

In a small bowl, beat egg yolks at high speed until lemon-colored and thick, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, water, vanilla, and salt until well blended.

Gently sprinkle flour over top of egg whites. Add beaten yolk mixture and gently fold together until thoroughly mixed.

Fill muffin cups ¾ full and bake 10 to 15 minutes until tops spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan one minute before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

Espresso Syrup

½ cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup water
5 teaspoons instant espresso powder

Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over high heat. Heat just until boiling then remove from heat and allow to cool. Using a toothpick, poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes so they can soak up the syrup. Spoon the syrup over cupcakes ½ teaspoon at a time, allowing time for it to absorb. Continue until syrup is gone.

Mascarpone-Whipped Cream Icing

16 ounces mascarpone
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream, chilled

In a medium bowl beat together mascarpone, powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add cream and beat until fluffy, about one minute.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, yum! Way to late for me to be looking at cupcakes. I found you through the SITS community, darling blog, I'm following you now!!

Kendra said...

Thanks for letting me know my linky thing wasn't working! I wondered why no one had used it! :) Yummy looking cupcakes too! I need to learn how to make my frosting look as cute as yours! I'm not very good with a decorating bag!

Kendra

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

Hmm- wish I could veganize these! Love this!

I had to stop by- I visit all blogs with cupcake in the title!

I'm Rachel from "the cupcake sprinkles in life"
:) I'm now following- so I'll be ready for some great cupcakes to make!

HoosierHomemade said...

Those cupcakes look amazing! I'd love for you to link up to Cupcake Tuesday next wk. (or this past wk, I'm having a giveaway)
~Liz

Liz said...

I need these RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Shell said...

OMG, do these look good!

Jami said...

Oh dear! I am printing this right now! I have to have one! (or 10) :)

B said...

OMG - these look amazing! I'm your newest follower :)

Post a Comment